If the WTO’s Appellate Body will ceases to function after December, 2019, what are the implications for the functioning of the WTO and its ability to enforce existing agreements and to negotiate new rules and market access agreements?
On November 21st, WITA held an event where an expert panel looked at the crisis with the Dispute Settlement Understanding and the Appellate Body, and discussed where the World Trade Organization should go from here.
- Stacy J. Ettinger, Partner, K&L Gates LLP
- Marvin Hildebrand, Minister (Economic), Embassy of Canada
- Jennifer Hillman, Senior Fellow for Trade & International Political Economy,Council on Foreign Relations
- Bruce Hirsh, Principal, Tailwind Global Strategies LLC & Of Counsel to Capitol Counsel LLC
- Terry Stewart, formerly, Managing Partner, Law
Also, listen to Bruce Hirsh do a deep dive on the Crisis at the WTO in his guest appearance on the Yeutter Institute podcast!
And don’t miss WITA’s own Crisis at the WTO Spotify Playlist!