Here Is What You Will Learn
- Learn about the Chinese leadership’s approach to data governance, their motivation and practical implications for businesses and governments.
- Learn about how officials in Beijing and Washington DC view access to each other’s data as a security and geostrategic issues and the steps being taken on each side in response.
- Understand the debate in China over data governance, including around privacy, cybersecurity and ownership of data.
- Analyze how other governments such as the EU, the U.S. and India are responding to China’s data governance policies.
Meet Your Expert: Samm Sacks
Samm Sacks is a Senior Fellow at Yale Law School’s Paul Tsai China Center. Her research examines China’s information and communications technology (ICT) policies, with a focus on China’s cybersecurity legal system, the U.S.-China technology relationship, and the geopolitics of data privacy and cross-border data flows. Previously, Sacks launched the industrial cyber business for Siemens in China, Japan, and South Korea. Prior to this, she led China technology sector analysis at the political risk consultancy Eurasia Group and worked as an analyst and Chinese linguist with the national security community. She is a frequent contributor to the media and her articles have appeared in outlets including The Atlantic, Foreign Affairs, MIT Tech Review, and Slate. She has testified multiple times before Congress on China’s technology and cyber policies. She reads and speaks Mandarin.
What this Deep Dive Offers:
- Flexible Learning
Approx. 4 hrs of video, with a portion released every couple of days so you can watch at your own pace.
- Live lectures from a world-leading expert
Two live lectures by Samm Sacks with opportunities to ask questions.
- Ongoing access to all content
Access to all videos and the recorded live lectures after the end of Deep Dive
Benefits of our Deep Dives
- Apply what you learn to real-world issues
You will be able to engage with other participants and apply what you learn to real-world issues.
- A Policyware Certificate
A Policyware certificate in Labor Standards and Human Rights China’s Digital Governance which you can display on LinkedIn.
- For your career
Build your network, become global, and be better at your job.