On Tuesday February 9th, 2021, WITA hosted its third annual Washington International Trade Conference (WITC).
9:00 AM: Revitalization and Reform of the WTO with WTO Deputy Director General Ambassador Alan Wm. Wolff
- Featured Remarks by Ambassador Alan Wm. Wolff,Deputy Director General of the WTO, and Co-Acting Director General
- Discussion with:
- Kenneth Levinson,Executive Director, Washington International Trade Association
- Terence Stewart,former Managing Partner, Law Offices of Stewart and Stewart, and author of the blog, Current Thoughts on Trade
9:30 AM-10:15 AM: Discussion: Revitalization and Reform of the WTO
- Ambassador Rufus Yerxa,President of the National Foreign Trade Council and former Deputy Director General of the World Trade Organization
- Simon Evenett,Professor of International Trade and Economic Development and MBA Director, University of St. Gallen, Switzerland
- Jennifer Hillman,Senior Fellow for Trade and International Political Economy, Council on Foreign Relations
- Hiddo Houben,Deputy Permanent Representative, EU Mission to the WTO
10:15 AM: What does a Neo-Progressive Trade Agenda look like?
- Moderator: Catherine Novelli,President, Listening for America, former Under Secretary of State for Economic Growth, Energy, and the Environment
- Beth Baltzan,Founder, American Phoenix Trade Advisory Service and formerly with USTR and the House Ways & Means Committee
- Catherine Feingold,Director, AFL-CIO International Department
- Katrin Kuhlmann,President and Founder, New Markets Lab, and Visiting Professor of Law, Georgetown University Law Center
- Kimberley Botwright,Community Lead, Global Trade and Investment, World Economic Forum
11:15 AM: Closing Keynote and Discussion: Ways & Means Chairman Richard Neal
- Rep. Richard Neal,Chairman, House Ways & Means Committee
- Discussion with Steve Lamar,President and CEO of the American Apparel and Footwear Association, and President of the Board, Washington International Trade Association
12:00 PM: Conference Close
To view more information on the event, please click here.